So, this week has been, well, insane. No other word to describe it. If the week cannot be described as insane, I can certainly be described as insane. I got hurt this week in a truly bizarre way. I had a slight tear to my MCL while doing basically nothing. I was in my classroom and pushed a chair with my foot to get it out of the way because my hands were full and POP! My knee made an awful noise. What a Monday! After lots of ice, ibuprofen, drs visits and an MRI, I think I am finally starting to see some encouragement in the form of not quite as much pain today.
My patience, my courange and my faith have all been truly tested this week as I pouted alot asking myself WHY ME? Really, I think I was asking God WHY ME? Still not sure of that answer but to quote the lyrics of my favorite cruise ship song "I Will Survive". Chet is probably the only one who will get that joke and I doubt he even reads my blog. Oh well. I am laughing on the inside.
I spent a few days off my feet but should be back though not running at 100% by Monday. I also get the pleasure of making another Drs visit Monday to get a shot directly in my knee. I figure that will either make it better OR make me shut up complaining for fear of another shot in the knee. Recovery is supposed to be pretty quick. Football players are usually back on the field in 3-4 weeks after a MCL injury so surely, I can be back in the computer lab at full force sooner than that :-)
The trips came back to the house Friday afternoon. My Dad was kind enough to help out with that and my parents provided dinner for ALL of us that night (trips included) Thanks to Mom and Dad. I was actually happy to have the kids back here to try to feel normal again after a few days of being immobilized around the house. It made me realize how much I have grown accustomed to them being here every day and evening. Its a bit nutty some days but you just have to know that for me personally, it is extremely rewarding.
Anna and I are still planning to embark on the Susan B Komen Walk for the Cure in October. I will only be doing the 1 mile instead of the 3 mile due to recent happenings with my knee. But, Anna and I will be participating just the same. We are both walking in honor of the triplets Mom- Aleta Bassard. We have told the triplets about what we are doing and why we are doing it. We are hoping to raise money to help fund the research to find a cure for cancer so that other kids do not have to lose their Mommy. While they are really young, I think all three have an understadning of what we are doing and why we are doing it. K says forcefully to me yesterday, "Walk hard and fast JenJen. We have to get this cancer thing wiped out. No body else needs to lose their hair like Mommy and NO ONE NEEDS TO DIE LIKE MOMMY!" If that is not motivation to get out there and walk regardless of the shape of my knee, I do not know what is.
If you would like to donate to Anna and I walking, here is the link. Our goal we set was $500. We will be walking with other faculty from the school where I work.
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=275451&supId=232470680
It my deepest desire that by the time my own daughters are grown, breast cancer will be a disease of the far past much like smallpox is to us now in 2008.
I am promising myself to blog more often. Its a good outlet. I hope all is well to all of my friends and family. Special thanks to my wonderful network of friends who supported me and my whining this week. You girls ROCK. JW, what would I without you?
8:00
4 days ago











1 comment:
Glad you will be up and back to computing this week! I am sure your school kids missed Mrs. C. this week.
Post a Comment