Friday, November 14, 2008

100 Things About Me

100 Things About Me

1. I am 36 years old
2. I was born July 3, 1972
3. I have never learned to roller skate.
4. I am a Cancer married to Taurus.
5. I love the show Jon and Kate Plus 8.
6. My absolute favorite TV show is The Office. (Thursday nights on NBC)

7. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a chemist when I grew up.
8. My father in law is a PhD chemist.
9. My dad worked for Keebler Cookies most of my childhood. People always thought my dad was an elf. 10. My favorite color is pink.
11. I do NOT like the colors yellow or orange.
12. When I was a little girl, I named all of my baby dolls Anna.
13. My middle child’s name is Anna.
14. I have two brothers. I am the oldest.
15. I cannot water ski. (but I have tried really hard)
16. I was a political science major in college.
17. I REALLY wanted to name my firstborn child – Kyle. He is named Jared.
18. I am Catholic.
19. I was very close to my paternal grandparents growing up. My grandfather and grandmother were very special in my life.
20. My youngest daughter Lauren was named after my grandfather Lawrence Gemmill and Chet’s grandmother Martha Lawrence (and Chet’s brother aka Lauren’s godfather – Lawrence) My sweet baby Lauren.
21. I have ridden around the Atlanta Motorspeedway at speeds in excess of 165mph. (I was not driving)
22. I have been to Disney World 6 times in my life. (3 times as a child and 3 times as an adult)
23. I cannot read music.
24. My favorite food is anything my husband cooks on the grill. He is an AWESOME grill chef.
25. My laundry room is bright pink. No one else ever uses it but me – Why not?
26. My favorite movie of all time is My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
27. My favorite music group is Rascal Flatts.
28. As I girl, I NEVER had any pets.
29. We now have two dogs – Shelby and Buddy.
30. I am not a good cook.
31. During the holidays, I have a Christmas tree in every room of my house.
32. I have driven a bulldozer.
33. My favorite restaurant is Outback Steakhouse.
34. I got married to my husband on the beach in the Bahamas.

35. After our wedding, our photographer stole our wedding cake before we could eat it.
36. I have never broken a bone.
37. As a teenager, I participated in the only sport I have ever competed at – swimming.
38. I got to start taking college classes the summer of my sophomore year of high school. I lived in a dorm at the University of Montevallo during that summer and the following summer.
39. I never did well in math in high school or college.
40. I was on the debate team in high school.
41. I was the high school year book editor.
42. I was and still am a big nerd.
43. I am married to a big nerd.
44. My husband is the CFO of a large construction company.
45. I have stood at the edge of the Grand Canyon
46. I have a serious fear of clowns and ventriloquist dolls.
47. My favorite smell is apples and cinnamon.
48. I NEVER wear perfume. It gives me headaches.
49. I have two God-daughters – Mallory and Abigale.
50. I do NOT like cats.
51. Snakes terrify me. I cannot even look at them through a glass case without getting FREAKED out.
52. I went on my first date at the age of 15 to Hardee’s for a lunch date with a boy.
53. My shoe size is 7.
54. I drive either a Toyota Camry or a GMC Yukon depending on what I have to do that particular day.
55. My favorite cereal is Captn Crunch with crunch berries.
56. I have been on 3 cruises and loved them all.
57. The place I want to visit the most right now is Hawaii.

58. I have been to Las Vegas 3 times.
59. I love to play Texas Hold Em Poker (for fun, not for money)
60. My favorite concert I have ever been to is Celine Dion.
61. I never had a C-Section even though 2 of my kids were REALLY big. Lauren was tiny.
62. I smell every single thing I eat before I ever taste it. (no matter what it is)
63. Some of my friends and my hubby call me “Katie Kodak” because I love to take so many pictures.
64. My god-daughter Abigale called me “Grandmother” for the first few years of her life. Now she calls me JenJen.
65. I love New York City. It is such an amazing place.

66. My favorite car I have ever owned was my 2000 Volvo S40. It was VERY fun to drive.
67. I am 5 foot 8 inches tall.
68. I am the tallest female in my family (cousins, grandparents, aunts)
69. I am a Republican.
70. I have ridden a mechanical bull.
71. I cry during any sad TV show, movie or emotional Kodak commercial.
72. I did not learn to swim until I was 13.
73. I started swimming and competing on a swimteam when I was 14.
74. I love cloudy days and rain.
75. It is incredibly important to me be thoughtful.
76. My biggest pet peeve is lazy mindedness.
77. I like to laugh. My family laughs together everyday.
78. I like fishing. (especially with my kids at the lake)
79. I love sending mail.
80. I love receiving mail.
81. I remember almost all of my dreams.
82. I love smooth-writing black pens.
83. I am addicted to stationery of all sorts.
84. I do laundry every single day. I freak out when dirty laundry piles up.
85. Autumn is my favorite season.
86. My eyes are green.
87. I had braces when I was 12-14.
88. I wish I had a better memory.
89. I would not want to relive any year of my life again.
90. If I had to be stranded on an island with only 1 person, I would choose Chet. He would keep me calm and keep me laughing.
91. My favorite meal of the day is breakfast. I cannot skip breakfast EVER.
92. I have NEVER in my life put a cigarette in my mouth. My allergies would never forgive me.
93. I despise the nickname Jenny. Always have-always will. You can call me Jen, but never Jenny.
94. I am not a flashy person. I like to blend in.
95. I have always written letters to my children to put away for safekeeping when they are older and I am gone.
96. If I had to pick one word that I wanted to be remembered for in my lifetime, it would be MOM. 97. I have many friends but few CLOSE friends.
98. I would do ANYTHING for the CLOSE friends that I have.
99. When I was a girl, the only thing I was 100% sure of is that I wanted to be a MOM.
100. If I could have anything I wanted right now, it would be to freeze frame time so my kids would stop growing up. I fear the day they are grown and gone. I love being a mom more than anything else in this world.

No comments: