Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ketchup!

From an idea I got from my my friend JW, I am going to post some ketchup. I thought it was a great idea.

1. The triplets started with a new nanny last week so I am back to being the mom and caregiver to only 3 kiddos. I am hoping the best for K, L and A. They will always be a special part of our family.

2. We head to NJ the Saturday before Thanksgiving. While we are there, we plan to make a trip to Philadephia to see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. Anna, Lauren and I are big American history buffs. A trip to see Ben Frankin's hometown is perfect for us.

3. We are looking at making a day trip to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty while up north. Lauren has never been and Chet really thinks Jared and Anna would get more out of Ellis Island this time.

3. We get back from our trip the night after Thanksgiving. I am anxiously looking forward to putting up all of my Christmas trees. I LOVE my festival of trees.

4. Anna made the math team. Go ANNA BANANA!!!! I am so proud of how well she is doing in middle school. She is playing the oboe in the band and practices alot! (sometimes too much :-) )

5. Lauren is rocking and rolling through second grade. I swear that girl is going to be smarter than me by intermediate school.

6. Jared is enjoying his "senior year" of middle school. Being in 8th grade has given him that "senior confidence". He is making great grades and looking forward to tennis season. Jared is still in the band and says he really wants to march next year in the high school band.

7. Speaking of Jared, my baby boy turns 14 in a month. I get very nostalgic at all of my children's birthdays but the older Jared gets, the more I just cannot believe it. He has grown so much in the past year. He is taller than I am. I need to measure and see exactly how tall he is. Did I mention my baby is shaving now?

8. I am happy - so happy that the presidential election is OVER! I am not very happy with the outcome but honestly, I am just relieved that it is over. I am sick of hearing all of the ads and mud-slinging.

9. Jared goes for his consult this week with a plastic surgeon. We are hopeful that we can get surgery on his foot early in December and that he will be completely recovered in time for tennis practice that will start up in early February. Info that we got from the Dr he saw last month told us that he may be on crutches for a few weeks after his surgery. He has to have some scar tissue removed off the bottom of his foot. Surgery should be out-patient and with any luck, he will be off crutches in 2-3 weeks.

10. My Christmas shopping is a little over half way done. I hoped to be completely done by Thanksgiving but I dont think that will happen after all. I am just happy to have as much done as I have. Not sure how much more I will get done before Thanksgiving.

11. I am hoping that Santa and his Christmas bonus will come through. I have been SO good this year and really really really want a new digital camera. Katiie Kodak needs new equipment. It is not a have to have but I really really hope it can work out. I LOVE taking pictures.

12. School/Work has been really busy for me. My schedule this year is fuller than ever with classes and I have very little time (breaks) during the week. September and October were real adjustments for me at work. I think I am finally in the swing of it and I can really see that my students are getting alot out of my lessons. That is the ULTIMATE reward. In this time of national economic turmoil, I feel blessed to have a job and mostly blessed to have a job that I still enjoy. I could be at home and sometimes wish I was so I could stay caught up with laundry and household projects, but when it all comes down to it, my job does give me a sense of fulfillment that I know I need.

13. BUT, in other news, and possibly a LONG TIME coming, I am researching and seriously contemplating going BACK TO SCHOOL. I have said it for years. I have contemplated it many many times but I think it may finally be the right time. I figure I better hurry. Jared starts college in less than 5 years. Whatever, I am going to do, I need to get done before then. I do like my job ALOT but I think my life plan includes something more down the road. I will leave those plans a little vague for now. I think I know but God is still reveaing Himself to me daily.


No comments: