Thursday, October 1, 2009

Alabama State Fair

Oh Boy! I do not think I have been to the Alabama State Fair since I was maybe 12. The fairgrounds used to be on the western side of Birmingham. (which is where I grew up and lived until I was 13) The "west end" is not really the safe side of town so I imagine that is why the fair decided a while back to change its yearly location to the Pelham Oak Mountain Ampitheater.
On Sunday we went to fair. It was actually alot of fun. The people-watching alone was entertainment. Amy and Tipp her kids went. Tiana, Abigale and some friends of Tiana's came too. It was really fun to have all 3 of my kids there even though later I realized Jared didn't really enjoy it because he was SICK.

I know I am a chicken and I didn't really ride much but Seth and I did enjoy the kiddie hot air balloon ride and the kiddie airplane ride.

Chet and Jared were happy to see the highly advertised "Monkeys Riding on Dogs". Tripp, Amy and Tiana were great sports and did the riding with my kids. As much as we were tempted, we did not partake in the "deep fried twinkies".

1 comment:

Pajama Mama said...

I have always loved state fairs. Back in Virginia, we used to call it the State Fair and Landfill because after about 3 days the place reeeeeked!!! Loved the pics and the kids look like they're having a ball!
:) Ann