Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day


Tomorrow is offically Father's Day but we started celebrating it today at our house. Anna goes to camp tomorrow so I we wanted to have Chet's day today so he could have the whole day with all three kids. I wrote a letter to my hubby for today. Chet is a WONDERFUL FATHER!!!!!


Chet,

Our kids are so VERY lucky to have you as their Pop/Dad - Father. When I think about the type of man you are, I feel llike God really had his hands on putting all of us together. You are a VERY hard working devoted man who takes your job as a CFO very seriously. But, you also take your job as a father no less seriously. You work alot of hours sometimes to my dismay but in doing so, you have been able to provide so much for this family; not just financially but you also provide stability. You teach the kids through your working so hard a very important life lesson-working hard does pay off. I know that you would like to live closer to your work and I appreciate the sacrifice that you make in driving 140+ miles every day back and forth to work so that the kids can stay here in the town most of their grandparents live in. They love their schools and their friends and I love the community so much. I sometimes take for granted how hard the driving so much every day must be on you.


Thank you for giving this family 150% effort. Thank you for loving each child so much that they feel safe and secure in our home. I appreciate all of the time and energy your devote to each one of our kids. I know as they get older that will look back and treasure the time you spend with them - playing video games or board games or going to "coffee" with them. The lessons that you teach them will last their lifetime-money budgeting, how to weedeat, how to bait your own hook, how to speak pig latin.


I admire that you are a great father and I admire even more that you are always looking to improve yourself. That is inspriring to me. Your newest book read - Strong Fathers Strong Daughters has really brought some interesting dialog between the two of us and I can see just how fiercely you love our daughters when you talk about your need to protect them.


Having a teenage son has proved to be harder than I anticipated but you have done really well in teaching Jared to "follow his moral compass". You know exactly the type of man you want him to be and you do a wonderful job modeling that for our son.


Thank you for being there to support me. Thank you for knowing when I need a mommy time-out. I am so grateful that you are the leader of our family. Thank you making all of us laugh and for instilling the need for humor and laughter into all of our children. I really think when the kids look back on their childhood, they are going to remember all of us laughing together.


We are so lucky to have you!

Love-Jen


No comments: