Saturday, June 28, 2008

I demand a recount!




I demand a recount!!!

I will admit that I am very vain about my age. I do not like the number that indicates how many years I have been alive to keep increasing. I dread to say that “I am 36.” if asked but after this week, that will legally, at least, have to be my response.

I do, however, always try to remind myself what my grandfather always said which was “Getting another year old sure beats the alternative – NOT getting another year older because you are in the grave.”

Turning 30 was horrific for me. I dread 40 more than I can possibly say. But, in a recent promise to myself to be a more “glass half full” kind of girl. I am going to list a bunch of great things that I have done both terrific and ordinary just since turning 30. Lots of these are things I never thought I would have done:
ridden a mechanical bull
parasailed
ridden the ride on top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas (NEVER AGAIN)
Gone to DISNEY WORLD!
Been on TV
Seen Celine Dion live
Gone to New York City (a couple of times)
Gone deep sea fishing (FISH ON!)
Went to the Grand Canyon (Chet says I almost fell in so I guess I am glad to be here turning 36)
Riden around the Atlanta Motorspeedway in a real Nascar going at 160+mph



Here is my TO DO list of things I want to do before I turn 40:
Go to Hawaii
See the Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade in person
Go to Washington DC
Water Ski
See Niagra Falls
Take my children to see the Grand Canyon (wearing harnesses so they cannot fall in :-) )

Certainly, my everyday life isn’t as exciting but is certainly so fulfilling. My life is so blessed by my awesome three children and my loving, hilarious husband. I am sure the next few years on my way to 40 will not be boring thanks to the people I live with.
I love you Jared, Anna, Lauren and Chet!

No comments: