Sunday, August 3, 2008

News!







I haven't shared yet on my blog but there is a big happening coming to our house next week.



We are getting TRIPLETS! What???






I am going to be watching a set of 2nd grade triplets after school into the early evening every day. (2 girls, 1 boy) The kids go the school I work at and are friends with my Lauren. They are precious kids whom I got to know 2 years ago and developed a real bond with over the past year. The triplets lost their mom this past spring to a battle with cancer. You can imagine that this loss has been extremely hard.






I feel connected to these kids for a number of reasons but mostly I think because my own kids (J and A) lost their dad 5 years ago. I know a lot of what they are feeling because it is similar to my own kids struggle through their loss of their dad. My kids of course feel very empathetic to the triplets and I think it is great that they can relate their feelings to these children.






I know having 6 kids in my house is going to change things alot but I am looking forward to their sweet little faces being here after school every day. It is going to be even more of a jungle in some ways around here especially through August as we ALL adjust to back to school and the newness of the situation. Keep these kids in your prayers. They need healing in their hearts. Keep my family in your prayers that we can help these kids and get into a good stable routine that works for everyone.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear that you will be watching over these precious babies after school this year. When Dr. Brewer told me what you were doing, I couldn't help but admire your generosity and kind heart. I look forward to working with you since I will have one of the girls in my class. Please let me know if there is any way that I can help!
~Holly

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

If anyone can handle it you can!!!

You will be in my thoughts and prayers!