Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I have had my grumpy on...

Let me start by saying for the past 48 or so hours, I have been EXTREMELY grumpy. A few different reasons I suppose but mostly because I am sad the summer is ending. I am blah about going back to work everyday. I am going to miss my kids smiling and laughing during the day while I am working and they are in school learning. I wish the summer could just be a couple of weeks longer. Just a little more time to pack in some fun.


Well, today I had planned to take the girls to see the movie Wall-E. Jared wouldn't go. He is too old for such a childish movie (this fact is yet another source of my Grumpy)


I kept my promise and took the girls and one of their friends but truly as I sat there in the theater, all I could think of is how sad I am. I couldn't even enjoy the time with by girlies. Honestly, I don't do it enough but right there, I just prayed "God, please relieve me of this terrible mood. Please let me enjoy my days of summer and let my girls enjoy it. Don't let them see how grumpy their mom is."


Well, to my dismay, no lightning bolts from the Almighty appeared but instead a few minutes later, a great need to go to empty my bladder arose. Don't fall for the
"Only 50 cents more and you get the large soda " trick at the theater. Anyway, there were only 7 or 8 other people there in the theater. All moms with young ones. I asked the girls to go with me but no one wanted to leave and miss Wall-E. So, I ran as quick as I could and ran back.


When I got back to my seat, God and Lauren greeted me with my relief I had been needing desperately - LAUGHTER.


Lauren was sitting in her seat curled up with her legs and arms wrapped around my purse which I had left there while I went to potty. She was sort of wrapped up in a ball and not even watching the movie. I whisper to her "Baby, what is wrong" She says in a loud boisterous proud voice "Nothing Mommy. You left your purse when you went to the bathroom and I didnt trust any of the people in here so I was guarding it for you from them."


I literally burst out laughing. Hugged her. Sat down. Got quiet and burst out laughing again and again a few minutes later (to which my girls kept saying "what is so funny?") I think I was just letting all my grumpy out.


I realized right at that moment a very Divine feeling saying to me "There is that better?" Sort of like when your mom or dad puts a bandaid on a scrape and kisses your forehead. It was crazy. It was silly. It was such a relief to laugh. It just took the grumpy away.


Thank you Father!


Do you think God has a sense of humor? I do. I think he must. Have you ever seen a duck-billed playtpus? He definitely has a sense of humor.


So, off to work I go next week. Hi Ho, Hi Ho, its off to work I go....

2 comments:

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Leave it to Lauren to make you laugh!! That cracks me up that she grabbed your purse like that. I wonder if anyone in there heard her comment to you.

Glad some of the grumpy is gone.....Does La La make house calls to Missouri?

Nancy M. said...

Glad He gave you what you needed. It always help to ask Him for help! Sorry you have to go back to work so soon.