to fend off a shark. While it is almost humorous reading in a way, yesterday it came in handy. Chet, the girls and I stumbled upon a bad 4 wheeler accident on our way to the lake. There were 2 very injured individuals and while we did call 911, since we were so far out in the "country", it took about 20 minutes to emergency help on the scene. The girls and I helped with the less injured girl (still had massive compound breaks) while Chet helped a VERY injured man. Chet tied a tourniquet and kept this guy stable until they landed a helicopter to airlift him to the closest trauma hospital.
Later, Chet told me he had read not long ago the correct way to tie a tourniquet in one of the Worst Case Survival books. With my handy first aid kit, we did as much as we could possibly do to take care of these two people.
BTW - Keep Dominique and Christopher in your prayers. I checked on them today. He is not doing well and has major head injuries (he hit a tree head on-no helmet) She has a long recovery but did well through her surgery today. May have nore surgery to come but she is going to recover. He is undergoing more surgeries tomorrow. Not sure of his prognosis but please pray this man comes through for his daughter.
Also, I will be buying an even better first aid kit for my car as well as stocking items like a blanket (he went into shock) and Chet and I both plan to find a emergency aid referesher class for CPR and such. You just never know when knowing those sorts of things can make such a difference. Probably something for us all to think about.
Also, say a little prayer for my girls. Lauren seemed okay at first but had a hard night of nightmares and seems very troubled about the scene she saw yesterday. If there had been a way to keep the girls from seeing all of that, I would have done it but in the situation, there wasnt much we could do. Just keep them in your prayers as they need to put behind them what they saw.











1 comment:
Glad you guys were there to help out!
Post a Comment