Thursday, December 11, 2008

14 Days Til Christmas - I Need a Silent Night

I heard this song a couple of weeks ago and then downloaded on my Ipod. My Ipod dock sits by my bed and I keep my music on shuffle in the mornings while I am getting ready. This morning, while getting dressed and thinking of the 50 things I need to do to get ready for Christmas, this song came on. It just was exactly what I needed. I have really tried hard to not let myself stress too much this year. I want to enjoy the special time with my children and husband and family. I had been doing well til the last few days when I got sick and then so did Anna and Lauren.

Here are the lyrics and the link to this song. Amy Grant is so awesome.

I Need A Silent Night
By: Amy Grant

I've made the same mistake before
Too many malls, too many stores
December traffic, Christmas rush
It breaks me till I push and shove

Children are crying while mothers are trying
To photograph Santa and sleigh
The shopping and buying and standing forever in line
What can I say?

I need a silent night, a holy night
To hear an angel voice through the chaos and the noise
I need a midnight clear, a little peace right here
To end this crazy day with a silent night

December comes then disappears
Faster and faster every year
Did my own mother keep this pace
Or was the world a different place?

Where people stayed home wishing for snow
Watching three channels on their TV
Look at us now rushing around
Trying to buy Christmas peace

I need a silent night, a holy night
To hear an angel voice through the chaos and the noise
I need a midnight clear, a little peace right here
To end this crazy day with a silent night

What was it like back there in Bethlehem
With peace on earth, good will toward men?

Every shepherd's out in the field
Keeping watch over their clock by night
And the glory of the Lord shone around them
And they were so afraid

And the angels said fear not for behold
I bring you good news of a great joy that shall be for all people
For unto you is born this day a Savior, who is Christ the Lord
And his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace

I need a silent night, a holy night
To hear an angel voice through the chaos and the noise
I need a midnight clear, a little peace right here
To end this crazy day with a silent night
To end this crazy day with a silent night

No comments: